Saturday, May 26, 2012

Lovely Day

While driving into work on Friday, I noticed what a lovely day it was going to be in Hawai'i nei - light breeze and lots of sunshine.  Being the extremely inexperienced photographer that I am, I asked Reese if we could go to take photos of scenery at lunch time and of course, he agreed, so off we went.  When we got to our destination, what I thought would be terrific conditions for shooting awesome landscape pictures was completely WRONG.  Reese told me that when the sun is directly above you, it's probably the worst time to take photos...especially if you don't have a polarized filter.  The pictures will come out hazy, which it did because of all the glare.   Oh, well...guess I'll have to buy a polarized filter, huh?  Lesson learned, Reese.

ISO 100, -0.3EV, f/10, shutter 1/400
(original photo)

Same photo enhanced using iPhoto

1 comment: