While in NYC, I made a side trip to our nation's capital...Washington DC. I had never been to DC, so I figured since I had made it this far, what's another 3 hours on the Amtrak?
There is so much to photograph in DC. The only thing that wasn't so great was the heatwave I got caught in for the 2 days I was there. The temperature reached 99 degrees! The best way to describe what 99 degrees feels like is imagining yourself stepping into a sauna. The heat just "hits" you when you walk out of any doorway. I have never been so hot in my life! After experiencing my first heatwave, I realize that Hawaii isn't so hot after all. LOL!
Washington Monument
(My favorite photo of the entire trip!)
 |
| ISO 100, f/8, shutter 3 seconds |
The White House
 |
| ISO 200, f/4, shutter 1/250 |
Jefferson Memorial
 |
| ISO 400, -1 EV, f/3.5, shutter 1/400 |
Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial
 |
| ISO 200, 1 EV, f/4, shutter 1/25 |
Lincoln Memorial
 |
| ISO 100, f/8, shutter 2 seconds |
The dome from inside the nation's Capitol
 |
| ISO 1600, f/5, shutter 1/80 |
One of many exhibits at the Smithsonian Air and Space Museum
 |
| ISO 400, 0.7 EV, f/2.2, shutter 1/20 |
Wow, you certainly got a terrific shot of the Washington Monument - what a steady shot and I really like how you can see the lights in it and the surrounding lights. Glad you made it to Washington, DC. Maybe you can quit your day job and make postcards. Very nice pictures.
ReplyDeleteLol! I wish I didn't need to work, but how am I going to pay for all the lenses I have to buy?!?!?!
ReplyDeleteThe shot of Washington Monument was one of the many techniques that Reese taught me. I really enjoy taking night time photos where you have do a long exposure to get the photo you want. It's neat how the camera can capture such a pretty image.
Great monument shots! They look like postcards, so nice. Love the plane too.
ReplyDeleteGreat pic!! so how did you keep your shutter open sooo long? did you bring a tripod? or were you 'da rock' steady?? You got Lincoln w/o the crowd in the dark too...good job!!
ReplyDeleteYes, I used a tripod. I'm far from being rock steady...holding my breath with elbows in doesn't work for me. For the statue of Lincoln, I actually used the same settings as I did for the Washington Monument. It was a "test" and fortunately worked out well. :)
Delete