Monday, July 9, 2012

Who Let the Dogs Out?

A longtime volunteer of the Hawaiian Humane Society asked me at dinner one night if I would be interested in taking photos of the animals at the shelter. They wanted "professional" looking photos so they could post them on their adoption website. At first, I thought, um...I'm still learning...I dunno know if they'll turn out any good. So of course, I suggested that Reese take the pictures and I would assist him. When we got to the Humane Society, I was prepared to be the "assistant", but Reese tells me, "Where's your camera?" I told him, "Um, in my bag." Then he tells me, "Well, how you gonna take any pictures if it's in the bag?" So, here are my pictures...

ISO 800, f/3.5, shutter 1/400

ISO 400, f/4.5, shutter 1/125 with flash

ISO 400, f/6.3, shutter 1/200 with flash

ISO 400, f/6.3, shutter 1/200 with flash

ISO 400, f/6.3, shutter 1/200 with flash

ISO 400, f/6.3, shutter 1/200 with flash
Let me just say, taking photos of animals is REALLY hard. The only animals that didn't move an inch were the guinea pigs. Dogs and cats are the hardest. Dogs want to play and sniff everything. Cats are trying to figure out a way to escape. They were all so cute and I hope each and every one of them gets adopted by a loving family soon!

4 comments:

  1. The doggies, kitties and rat are so cute. You really captured the look, "take me home". So cute, great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. soooooo cute!! love that rat picture..he looks kinda freaked out.. so what lens did you use to photograph animals?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used my 40mm macro lens. It's my new favorite! :)

      Delete