"Obon" or "Bon" is a Japanese Buddhist custom to honor the spirits of one's ancestors. At a Bon Dance, a commencement prayer is read and attendees bow their heads. After the prayer is done, the Bon Dance begins. Participants wear kimono or happi coats and dance around the yagura (a high wooden scaffold/bandstand) where musicians and singers perform songs honoring those no longer with us.
I had a great time at my first Bon Dance! Though I did not participate in any of the dancing, it was fun watching people of all different ethnic backgrounds come together to enjoy the festivities.
| ISO 1600, f/1.4, shutter 1/160 |
| ISO 400, f/4.2, shutter 1/200 |
| ISO 400, 1 EV, f/5.6, shutter 1/200 |
| ISO 400, 1 EV, f/5.6, shutter 1/200 |
| ISO 200, 1 EV, f/4.2, shutter 1/200 |
| ISO 200, 1 EV, f/4.8, shutter 1/200 |
Very nice bon dance shots! I love the sleeping kid with the covered eyes. So funny.
ReplyDeleteThanks. I know...that photo of the blindfolded kid is too funny! It makes me laugh every time I see it! :D
ReplyDeleteTo flash or not to flash is always difficult decision for.. but your shots are sharp and your ISO is soo low.. Nice!! Next time, I'll try w/ my flash! THanks for sharing your pics!
ReplyDeleteSifu says to not be afraid of your flash. The flash is your friend. I like using the flash actually. Perhaps you should consider switching to a Nikon camera. LOL! ;-P
Delete