Sunday, June 3, 2012

Waikiki

One of Reese's photographer friends rented a Canon 5D Mark III to test drive this $3,800 (yes, you read right) camera. Reese suggested that a real test for this camera would be to see how well it performs in extremely low light conditions. They decided to venture out onto the streets of Waikiki and graciously let me tag along.  


I was having a difficult time adjusting the exposure with my Nikon stock lenses because of the extremely low light conditions. The biggest aperture on them are 3.5, which obviously isn't enough for these conditions.  Reese let me borrow his 24mm f/1.4 prime lens that's worth more than 2x all my equipment combined.  (I tell you, the guy has plenty trust in me...haha) Though I couldn't zoom in with the lens I was using, I was at least able to take decently exposed photos.


When I started this blog, I didn't post process any of my photos. This is something that we have not covered in our lessons yet. Anyway, for these photos, I simply hit the auto enhance and did minor adjustments to the exposure, contrast and saturation in iPhoto.  

ISO 800, f/1.8, shutter 1/30

ISO 800, f/1.8, shutter 1/60

ISO 800, f/1.8, shutter 1/60

ISO 800, f/1.8, shutter 1/60

ISO 1600, f/1.8, shutter 1/500

ISO 100, f/10, shutter 20 sec

1 comment:

  1. Wow, great low light shots. That building almost looks like you shot it during dusk. Great shots.

    ReplyDelete