My quest for peace and serenity took us to Ho'omaluhia Botanical Center. Ho'omaluhia was built by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers to provide flood protection for Kaneohe. It also serves as a place for endangered and rare plants as well as providing visitors with hiking trails, camping grounds and a 32-acre lake for fishing. I have lived in Hawaii all my life and have never heard or been to this place before!
Our journey also took us to the Byodo-In Temple at Valley of the Temples Memorial Park. The Byodo-In Temple is a Buddhist temple which welcomes people of all faiths to worship, meditate and simply appreciate its beauty. As a child, I remember taking our visiting relatives to this beautiful landmark.
I was pretty satisfied with most of the photos I took on this outing. I'm getting much faster at finding the right exposure for my photos. Hopefully photography will give me the opportunity to never forget how important it is to find peace and serenity once in a while.
| ISO 100, -1 EV, f/2, shutter 1/1600 |
| ISO 100, 0.3 EV, f/1.8, shutter 1/2500 |
| ISO 100, 0.3 EV, f/1.8, shutter 1/2000 |
| ISO 100, 1 EV, f/1.8, shutter 1/50 |
| ISO 100, -1 EV, f/5.6, shutter 1/50 |
| ISO 800, 0.3 EV, f/2.8, shutter 1/320 |
| ISO 100, 1 EV, f/4, shutter 1/60 |
Thanks for inviting me on your photo journey...I am loving it!! Your photos are amazing ... Hugs
ReplyDeleteThanks for reading! :)
ReplyDeleteGreat shots! Love the first one with the blue sky.
ReplyDeleteThanks, that's one of my favorites too. There are a couple of areas I would've liked to see a little brighter, but otherwise, it's the colors in the picture that I really love.
ReplyDeleteLove the Red against the vibrant Green colors in your shots!
ReplyDeleteThanks. I used "vivid" on the picture control setting to shoot these photos. It was a great outing...learned lots! :)
ReplyDelete