Last weekend, Ala Moana Center played host to a fall fashion
workshop. Ala Moana transformed
Centerstage into a mini-runway where beautiful models strutted their stuff in
clothing from the various shops found in the mall. At this workshop, I got to learn about the
current fall fashion trends as well as practice using my speedlight on moving
subjects.
The lighting situation was a bit challenging that evening. The workshop started at 7pm and the sun had
already gone down. There were spotlights from above used to illuminate the people on stage. But the most challenging
thing was the huge projection screen that gave off tons of “weird” light. The lighting on a lot of the photos that I
took when the models were standing close to the screen came out weird. The light from the screen reflected off
the glossy runway and caused strange streaks of light on the bottom half of my
photos.
At this outing, I also tried to focus on taking photographs so my subjects didn’t look all “flashed out”. Using flash is tricky...you have be able to be able to gauge how much flash you need and make adjustments quickly. Too much and the people look washed out. Too little and you won't be able to see the people's faces. I definitely need to practice more!
 |
| ISO 800, f/5.6, shutter 1/60 |
 |
| ISO 800, f/5.6, shutter 1/200 |
 |
| ISO 400, f/5.6, shutter 1/60 |
 |
| ISO 800, f/5.6, shutter 1/200 |
 |
| ISO 800, f/5.6, shutter 1/200 |
WOW..7pm..darkness!! good flash work in some really tough lighting and you got some great poses too..
ReplyDeleteYour white balance is so good. I really like your photos.
ReplyDeleteCenter Stage is a tough place to shoot. Great shots of the models!
ReplyDelete