Sunday, December 30, 2012

Suddenly I See

I've had my D3200 for a little over 7 months now. I've been "joking" that it's time for a new camera because I'm starting to outgrow it. I thought eventually I would like to upgrade my camera to a full frame one, but probably not for another two years. A couple of days ago, I was presented an offer I could not turn down. So now, I am an owner of a full frame D700.

If you don't know the difference between Full Frame vs. Cropped Frame DSLR Cameras, here is a little write-up explaining the differences. 

One photog friend told me, "You are now on a whole different level of photography." Another told me, "You will see a big difference because the photos will look so much better and you will never be able to go back (to a cropped frame camera)." 

I'm actually seeing a big difference after just shooting with it for a couple of days now. Here are some photos I took with the D700 that I don't think I could've gotten with the D3200.

Taken with Nikon 20mm f/2.8 lens

Taken with Nikon 60mm Micro f/2.8 lens
(Can you see the ants?)

Taken with Nikon 60mm Micro f/2.8 lens


Taken with Nikon 60mm Micro f/2.8 lens

Taken with Nikon 60mm Micro f/2.8 lens
(Look at the legs on that ant!)

Taken with Nikon 50mm f/1.4 lens
(I have an extremely difficult time shooting with this lens on the D3200, but I didn't
have the same problems while using it on the D700.  It was so hard for me to use,
that I always dreaded using it. I'm hoping that will change now.)


6 comments:

  1. Excellent- very professional pictures. I am so happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice detail and color saturation. Must be the camera. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful! i wish my pics could look like that

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwww...thanks! Let's go on a photo holo holo one weekend!

    ReplyDelete