Sunday, October 28, 2012

Ray of Light

Yesterday I attended my very first photography workshop sponsored by Professional Photographers of Hawaii (PPH) at Foster Botanical Garden. At this workshop, I met the amazing longtime Master Photographer Claude Ayakawa. He has an undeniable talent of finding any available natural light and using it to capture a superbly lit photograph. What he does is amazing! At this workshop, all Claude brought with him was a Nikon D90 camera and a Tamron lens...no fancy equipment. When I asked him why he didn't use a Nikon lens, he told me this lens is just as good as a name brand one and cheaper. I guess when you have really mastered something, it doesn't really matter what kind of equipment you use. He's a prime example of the photographer, not the equipment, that creates a masterpiece.

Here are some of the photos I took from the workshop.

ISO 200, f/4.8, shutter 1/60

ISO 400, f/5.3, shutter 1/80

ISO 800, f/4.5, shutter 1/100

ISO 400, f/4, shutter 1/125

2 comments:

  1. Really really well done! I am proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! Looks like you learned a lot from the workshop.

    ReplyDelete